Starting August 10-August 16, 2022, these items are on sale at King Soopers in Colorado Springs. Take advantage of the sale and create a dish based off the below ingredients.
· BOGO Pork Tenderloin
· 99 cents/pound fresh Peaches
· 1.49/LB Hatch Chiles
· 3.88 2 LB Strawberries
· 2/$6 Petite Gold or Red Potatoes
Pork with Peaches and Green Chilis
I created this recipe many years ago and have cooked it most often with canned peaches. Luckily, we are in the middle of peach season, so use the fresh ones that are on sale! This time I added in green chilis to give it an earthy and spicy flavor. Omit if you do not like spice.
(This recipe makes 2 porkchops. You can easily double or triple the recipe. Baking time will vary)
2-3 Hatch Green Chilis or Anaheim Peppers
2 Fresh Peaches or Large Can of Peaches
2 1-inch thick pieces of pork tenderloin or pork chops*
3 Cloves Garlic
1. Roast the peppers under the broiler until blackened. Wrap them up in tin foil for a few minutes then carefully peel off the skins. Discard skins and chop up 2-3 peppers.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Cut up 2 peaches and dice 3 cloves garlic.
4. Pour a small amount of olive oil in the baking dish. Layer some garlic, then a piece of pork. Top with peaches, chilis, garlic. Sprinkle salt, pepper, nutmeg, sage, and add a small amount of olive oil to the top. Layer another piece of pork on top and repeat with the spices, peaches, garlic, and chilis.
5. If your baking dish has a lid, place it on top. If not, use tin foil. This keeps in the moisture and prevents it from burning.
Mine cooked in about 50 minutes, but time varies depending on size of the baking dish. Check on it at 35 minutes just in case.
Side dish: Multitasker potatoes and fresh strawberries.
Other Meal Planning Ideas for the Week:
· Avocado Toast (3 for $5 avocados, BOGO English Muffins and Orowheat Bread)
· Baked Salmon with Corn on the Cob and Cantaloupe ($12.99/LB Norwegian Salmon, 6 for $2 Corn, and $2.99 each Cantaloupe)
· Hatch Chile Mashed Potatoes and Chicken ($1.29/LB Chicken Drumsticks, plus Mini Potatoes and Hatch Chiles from Pork recipe)
Please send me an email if you'd like to see me create more of these each week. I'll do my best to incorporate Vegetarian dinner recipes as well.
*I used a porkchop in the photo, but pork tenderloin or boneless pork chops work just as well in this recipe.